Re: Two barrel TBI must have a flaw, I give up

As I stated much earlier, I was having similiar problems that you are with going dead lean after 4400rpm.  I think I finally figured out why mine was doing this.  This morning my 2.8v6tbi finally saw the light of day above 5000rpm.  I left it go to 5500 rpm before shifting at it was way better then before.  Have more tuning to go, but looking better!

Here is what I believe I was doing wrong:

The main fuel table on my previous calibration were shaped so that they flattened out at max load / max rpm.  In other words, if you viewed the table as a 3d graph, the slope flattened out as I approached the top end of the table.  With my main table like this, idle-4000 rpm was great but it died off and went horribly lean after that.

What I tried yesterday was to change the high load/rpm part of the table so that the slope angle was returned to the highest and second highest rpm load values.  In other words, I had almost no slope there before, I do now and it gave me back control over the 2nd VE table.  I can control high rpm fuel now and I couldn't before.  Is there any chance you did something like this as well when you tuned part throttle??

I'm still learning the basics too, so what I may have said above could be unfounded... but it made a difference for me.  :)

HTHs,
Ernst denBroeder