Re: Two barrel TBI must have a flaw, I give up.

At 03:24 PM 6/1/00 -0400, you wrote:
At 07:44 AM 6/1/00 -0400, you wrote:

>Those numbers sound about right. Remember that they are 2-bbl numbers
>at 3"hg, 4bbl's are rated at 1.5" hg.
>>Not being able to look at the car, this can be tough. There are so many
>little things that can get ya'. Like, are the throttle blades all the way open
>when the go pedal is down? Do you have the 'air-directors' on the
>tbi? How high off the manifold is the tbi?
>Im pretty sure the throttle blades are opening up all the way, now the "air
directors"  I dont know about, I probably call them those ----- thingies.
The TBI is off the manifold mounting flange about 3/8 (because of the adapter)
Played with the fuel some more tonight, held everything constant except for
bpw as per a members reccomendation, i could get it really rich on the top
but the power was just not there i mean it took a year to rev from 4000 to
5000 and the sound the engine was making was not pretty

Pablo
I know this is going to get some folks hair standin up , anyway, single plane intake manifolds , especially
the unit you're using ,tend to have a violent plenum that can disrupt fuel metering. A dual plane Intake would offer a needed cushion and smooth the back flow pulses plus broaden the torque curve. We have not been able to achieve satisfactory results with a single plane intake manifold with a combination similar to yours. Placing the 2v TBI favoring the primary side of the plenum is helpful. Lots of combos can be made to work, however , some combinations make one chase tail more than others to arrive at the same end result. A dual plane intake would also be less sensitive to the small Flow capacity Stock TBI as well.

Len