Re: Two barrel TBI must have a flaw, I give up.

> >Now to make any real power, least from what I've seen, you'll need the 2"
> >butterflies.  Barry Gant sells em, but then ya need to find a machine
shop
> >that understands the word slow feed to machine the TBs for the larger
> >butterflies.  Other choise if the BBC TB.

> I know this, the only problem is that i had to machine my manifold
slightly
> for the stock tb (its wider than a carb flange) and I dont see any extra
> space.

1/2 Hardwood spacer,, and a beveled edge would work.  Your looking to find
what maybe .060".  You just need a little room for the outside edge of the
butterfly.

 Anyways, I think that despite it being a restriction

I think it will
> be adequate for what im aiming for (high 13s),

To go this far and quit over a $50 gimme a break.  I really, doubt that
you'll run a high 13 with what ya got here (in full street trim).  Maybe
something to close with slicks but you can't run em on the street, and for
the price of them you could have the TB.

back in I believe Nov. of 89
> Hot Rod had a buildup on a then new RS camaro, similar to mine except they
> used the performer RPM and the stock TB, managed to run 13.8's on slicks.

That's why I have the little guys around.  Reminds me about all the Fairy
Tales folks repeat/hear/write.

> The restrictive TB was one of the main reasons I went with a single plane
> sort of make up for it since I knew Id retain pretty good low end torque.
> If anything it will be a bit of a science experiment to see if it really
is
> up to the task.

Oh well, reinvent the wheel.
I tried to comment further but seems mute at this point.

> >> I seem to be making progress juggling the BPW and ve tables, it feels
like
> >> its pulling up to about 5000 now which is a big improvement, which
> >> incedentally was the result of lowering my bpw to115. Only problem now
is
> >> that it doesnt pull much past 5000 and according to the o2 (which ive
> >found is next to worthless for tuning, dont know if it got that way or
its
> >always been) its going lean..

> >I wish I had a penny for every time I've said forget the O2 for tuning.
It
> >just ain't Reliable.  You can get by with it forra while, but it will
bite
> >ya, PERIOD.  Remember what is it when ya run your best and use it as an
> >indicator.   SOME OF THE FAST BOYS use it as a serious tuning aid, but
the
> >really fast guys use it along with other indicators.  Doubt me?.  Go over
> >the GN list and read really carefully about who goes fast, and who blows
> >head gaskets.   THE PROBLEM is the looky lou's, try and copy them, and
read
> >just what thye want to hear (?).  Like being in denial, doesn't effect
the
> >truth.  No flame intented to the GN folks here, just stating the less
then
> >apparent.

> You're preaching to the converted, youll get no argument from me on that
> one, this is why I ordered up the EGT, and carry a "high performance"
> leather gardening glove along with a ratchet and spark plug socket, but
ill
> admit I dont have the best eye for a good plug cut.

Ya have to start somewhere.  Ya think I learned this is reading a couple
hundred plugs and 20 engine overhauls?.  Add a zero to each number, and
you'll be approaching the plugs I've looked at (meaning HiPo stuff, not
stock street motor).
Takes years of reading plugs to get it perfect.   But, an even close reading
is 1,000,000x better then not having a clue or trying!

> >It's not all linear in all the corrections for AE VE etc as EXECUTED from
> >what I've seen.

> I figured this much, just was wondering if you used sort of a method for a
> rough estimate, and not just for PT, but currently my lower rpm ranges
have
> plenty of fuel but my top end goes lean despite going to like 99 ve so if
> jack up the bpw i make the bottom end pig rich and since i dont have a
real
> good gauge on how much % change in the chip equals how much % change in
the
> real world I was wondering. Its been suggested to me to look at bpw as a %
> change as I would change the VE by the same % and go from there as a rough
> estimate so im not just totally off, seems to work decently so far, now I
> know im gonna have to go back and clean it up but im just talking about in
> the mean time.

**Generally** I make 10% inital changes in valuves, to see which direction
to go. Then 3%, and finally 1.
Grumpy