Re: Good Weekend

At 03:17 PM 6/4/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Yes, a friend helped, but I got the engine out of the GN.   Working with one
>lung (and steel rods in your back) is a bit tough, but it can be done.
>Ain't bragging, just if ya thing it's tough thing, doing mechanics, hang in
>there, where there's a will there's a way.
>
>Got some neat stuff to go back on.......
>Then finish the brakes, fuel pump, exhaust, translator, etc
>Reassembly is the reverse of the above, hehehehahahaha
>Life is good <g>
>Bruce

	Excellent news  :-)  Keep after it!

	I remember now you had some maps you volunteered to send me regarding
adapting/programming GMECM to my Eaton-blown 113" Toyota non-USA-market
twincam four cyl.  My earlier post is as follows:

>	OK, reality check time here for me.  I am building a Toyota four-banger
>for fun street use and abuse.  The motor is a Japanese-twincam-headed 3T-C,
>which we saw in a popular Hemi version.  My goal is 300 streetable
>horsepower via supercharging.
>	So far I have aquired forged pistons, IR inlet manifold, Mikuni 44
>sidedraft carbs (which I can apparently convert rather easily to throttle
>bodies for EFI use), and an Eaton M-90 from a Thunderbird SuperCoupe.
>HEAVY (maybe air/water) intercooling, boost timing retard, knock detection,
>and possibly water injection are all in the cards for this engine.
>	I realize that a 90-inch blower on a 113-inch engine is a bit silly, but
>my options are pretty limited on my student budget, and I can sell the
>blower if it absolutely won't work.  At this point I'm not terribly keen on
>a turbo, despite the fact that it would be easier to size appropriately.
>	GM-ECM content: so far it looks like the most convenient/appropriate
>fueling solution would be the whole harness and ECU from a turbo
>Sunbird/Grand Am....7749 if I recall correctly?
>
>	GIVEN that other people's experience indicates these engines will easily
>and reliably crank out 180-200 horsepower in NA form (on carbs, usually) -
>	and GIVEN that turbo cousin-versions of this same engine have been
>re-turbo'd to apparently reliable 300+ horsepower figures without even
>getting inside the long block -
>	and GIVEN that I know I will be losing several horsepower to parasitic
>drag from the blower and belt drive -
>	and GIVEN that I would rather boost the motor a bit more than spin it
>(building for a safe 8000 RPM, camming for peak power no higher than 7500) -
>

>	...does anyone have any words of advice, ridicule, or encouragement?  I'm
>all ears.  I know better than to say without a doubt it is going to work
>perfectly first time out, but I really do want to make this thing go.

	I'd appreciate any help you care to fling casually at a novice...thanks
Bruce!

Aaron Willis
Garage TE51 International  http://surf.to/garage-te51
ICQ # 27386985