Re: Heat crazed mad scientist

At 12:31 PM 6/5/00 -0400, you wrote:

> There is a machinist here(the best in town) that does something to carbs.
He
> won't tell you what and during tech tear down it is invisible(it is
illegal
> in roundy round racin')but it makes a big differance. Has something to do
> with smoothing the surfaces, thats all he will tell you.
> "if ya ain't cheatin', ya ain't tryin'"

Invisible but illegal, ok now that makes no sense to me.
You wouldn't beleive how many folks think they are carb pros, but don't have
a clue.  Depending on class, there are a ton of tuning areas that can be
tampered with, that alot of folks don't take the time to optimize.  So when
they send them to someone that does all of a sudden it is better, is that a
real surprise?.
    Heck ya gotta tell the customer something, and if you do give away all
your secrets, then your out all your R+D time
Grumpy
    Hey dude , you hit the nail on the head with a 20 lb hammer Bruce !
Some folks who try the invisible tricks in NHRA Stock Classes end up
going home early or nix the parts. Focus on all the dirty details brings
home the pay dirt in any league. Hard work trees the hypes every time.
We've replaced lots of shined up crap that won't fall on to the floor, but
cosmetic eye gloss does sell lots of parts for sure, cause if it's not done
this way folks think they're being cheated, unfortunate as it is .

  Len