Re: Someone was using CATS stuff?

> > www.tunercat.com
> > What more do you need to know?.
> > I been using some of his stuff since it first come out,
> > without any trouble.
> > He updated some of the stuff, and has posted the latest
> > versions, so that
> > you can check back to get the latest stuff at no charge.
> > Grumpy

> Well, how about advantages and disadvantages,

over or compared to what??
Have you even looked at it?

GMEPro is DOS
Tunercat Windoze
With the pro version (GMEPro) I can make my own ecm specific editor.

 user interface,

Meaning what?.  You need to be able to read, for either.  Have you even
looked at the demo?.

 ease of making
> quick changes/figuring out what's going on,

Quick changes means an eprom emulator, anything else is burn a chip to try,
other then the flash ecms.

how well it works

I been using it for months (actually GMEPro), if it wasn't working I could
be using it.  GMEPro, and Tunercat are about as simple as they can be.  They
display the real values, and you type in what values you want to replace
them with, again looking at the demo would show you that, at least for the
tunercat. and after a fashion GMEPro is about the same but DOS.

(big deal with
> LT1's since if it hangs/gets messed up during a reprogram, you're hosed
> since you can't just erase the prom or grab another one, you're flashing
the
> PCM).
>
> I've been thinking of going with LT1 edit, but this appears to be more
> flexible and better priced, and if I decide to later I can use it to mess
> with the ecm in my '92 full size blazer (which sooner or later is getting
> new motor) and my old Crossfire TA ('83, yea, I know I'll have to run a
> different computer) I can use it there too, just get a prom burner.

I don't inderstand what your saying here.
Grumpy