RE: Two barrel TBI must have a flaw, I give up.

R/c plane dope is very cheap... like only a few dollars for a 500mL tin... you brush it on and it does form a barrier, as well as stiffening the wood... the use it on tissue cloth also to cover framed wings, and it holds up well...

Ben

From: "Mark M. Pikas" <mpikas@umiacs.umd.edu>
To: gmecm@diy-efi.org
Subject: RE: Two barrel TBI must have a flaw, I give up.
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 10:12:27 -0400

What kind of "R/C plane dope?"  Are you talking about soaking it in Hot
Stuff or something?  Is there anything else that works well?  If you're
talking about that stuff, I can see two problems: one, that stuff is
expensive, you might come out ahead buying a chunk of aluminum at the scrap
yard and marking it out and paying a machine shop to cut the holes in it,
and second, the octane enhancing additives that are added to gas should
dissolve that eventually...

hum, I built an RC plane when I was a kid, and I remember covering the
firewall and engine mounts with something that made it hard as hell and
impenetrable to the methanol/nitro methane/oil combination that that thing
burned...

Mark (would love to make my own spacers and have plenty of woodworking
tools)