RE: 1998 O2 sensor

Or you can save yourself all the frustration and hassle and just run some
secondary O2 simulators.  The second set of O2 sensors are there just to see
if there are any changes indicating that the cats aren't working, so the
computer is happy if it always sees the same V.  This is a pretty common
thing to do on '96 and up f-bodies, which also come with 4 when modifying
the exhaust or installing older headers.  I believe that they are made by
Casper Electronics (check the vendors at the bottom of www.f-body.org, I'm
sure that one of them has them).  If you want to build your own, I believe
that they are just a resistor and a harness working as a V divider so that
the PCM always sees something like 130 MV (don't quote me on that but I know
that its somewhere in that range).

Mark