Re: tpi intakes

> I'm assuming that you're talking about a stock style intake?

Yep

  Are you trying
> to turn it into a crossfire ;-)

Yep. Works so good on them worth a shot here.
Kinda surprised GM didn't do that.

 (some of the crossfire intakes had similar
> holes drilled.  You're still going to be fighting the tuning from the long
> runners, it's great for low end, but no matter what they don't flow enough
> for good high end for use on large motors.  there are siamesed runners for
> the thing, and although they help, they don't solve the problem.

On the joined runners, I *think* there might be a far bit gained since you
had the length but not the velocity of the uncut runners, on the cross fires
the runners were like 3x4" square, and still made good power,

The happiest people so far are the Supper Ram ones.

> Depending on what you want to get out of it, ultimately you really want
> runner lengths somewhere between the TPI and LT1 (the LT1 runners are so
> short that they don't do any real tuning in any rpm range that the motor
> will see, it was designed strictly for flow).  A good example of what to
> shoot for is the LS1 intake (I know, it won't fit on a SBC) but it is
about
> halfway in between in length and those motors make some power with a
fairly
> mild cam...
>
> If you have money, I'd go for the super ram for something going into a
> heavier car, something with an auto, mild cam... if it's getting a bigger
> cam, something lighter

much lighter.
Grumpy

or stick, then I'd go with the miniram.  All out