Re: 1998 O2 sensor

At 01:50 PM 6/6/00 -0500, you wrote:
If I understand right, the 98 GM trucks had 4 O2 sensors. 2 of them mount
after the separate catalytic converters. I am looking at installing a 98
Vortec 350 into a truck that has a single cat. Will it throw anything off to
have both of the 98 O2 sensors mounted in the same exhaust tube after the
single cat?

Paul Washburn
lpwcruzr@netzero.net

If utilizing the 98 PCM OBD2 config , you'll need to utilize the Pre - Post Ho2s on each side of the engine since the PCM is calculating Bank to Bank Fuel Trim based on all 4 sensors. OBD2 is real fussy about these things, you may also need to use the 98 Cats since they contain cerium in the catalyst mix. The Secondary [ Post Ho2s] are monitoring after cat mixture condition in this manner. The Heated O2s are also necessary for the PCM to go into closed loop in the proper monitored time frame as is done with OBD2 , otherwise the ODB 2 Monitor will set a flag and most likely produce other undesirable conditions. OBD2 isn't forgiving if monitored sensor inputs
are out of calibration range.

 Len