Re: PASSlock system bypass?

> The Passlock system is different from the pass-key systems. The theft
> deterrent is in the lock cylinder itself. When the key is turned back from
> the start position, a cylinder mounted magnet signals a pickup, part of
the
> ignition switch, which then in turn signals the theft deterrent module.
This
> device then OK's the signal and sends it to the VCM (PCM) to continue fuel
> injector pulse.

I guess a better question would have been why can't I just bypass this theft
deterrent module and send voltage to the VCM through the wire that would
have run from the theft deterrent module to the VCM. I could do this from my
ignition switch. Is there something special about this system after the
theft deterrent module and before the VCM? It sounds like the theft
deterrent module could just be eliminated in my wiring. This would be much
easier if I had the manuals I know. I just can't see spending $100 on books
when I don't even know if I'm getting this engine yet.

Paul Washburn
lpwcruzr@netzero.net