RE: wooden spacers

After reading it in hot rod years ago I tried it on the fuel metering gasket
on the top of a crossfire TB (at least that's that I'm calling it, it's the
gasket that fits between the top piece and the pedestal that the injector
and regulator is in and makes the connection for the fuel passages).  When I
had to take it apart again I found that the gasket was stuck in there (I
ended up having to make some of my own after that because the only way to
get them from GM was to buy them as part of a kit that cost something like
$30-50.

Mark