727 ECU limits

 I'm wondering about doing a GM ECM conversion on my Yamaha.  It's
700cc, turbocharged, four cylinders, and no distributor provision, so
it'd be DIS.  I don't see any problem with that, just a concern over
RPM.  Red line is 12,000.  That'd theoretically be no different than a
V8 running 6,000, right?  Would there be any problems with the ECM
handling an engine running to 12,000 RPM?