Re: 727 ECU limits

-> sounds like fun - Is this an old turbo seca?  Might be interesting
-> dealing with boost

 It was, sort of.  It's a Seca Turbo powertrain in a Seca 900 chassis.
As part of the refurbishment, it's getting a Maxim X water cooled,
5-valve engine with a spacer plate under the cylinder block to let me
lower the CR from 11.2 to 8.5 and to make up the 4mm gained by using the
old long stroke 650 crank in the short stroke 700 - that'll put me to
755cc.

 The carburetors worked just fine with the turbo, until a nasty
encounter with MTBE-contaminated fuel dissolved all the rubber fuel
lines.  $400 later the fuel pump, pressure regulator, and various bits
had been replaced, but the carbs have never been quite right since.  You
can't get all the rubbery gick out; at least I never found a solvent
that did much.

 While I'm at it, why do all the GM turbo setups put the MAF in front of
the turbo?  Wouldn't it work the same way?