Re: Can a header collector leak make the o2 readings innacurate?

> Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 18:34:37 -0400
> From: Len Sabatine <sabatine@epix.net>
> Subject: Re: Can a header collector leak make the o2
readings innacurate?

> At 05:05 PM 6/11/00 -0400, you wrote:
> >i have a few exhaust leaks including one or two at the
collectors, can this
> >screw up o2 readings somehow?
> >

> >Pablo
>       If the O2 is "reading" the additional oxygen in the
exh sys , it is
> very possible
> the ECM will correct for this condition.

You'll have to explain to me how the ECM can correct
for this. As I see it, the ECM will see o2 and increase
the fuel. Still seeing o2.  Hmm, more fuel. Hmmm still
o2. PIG RICH! Hmmm o2 sensor must be bad, set code,
LIMP IN!

Doesn't seem to be much of a correction.

>Best Advise, fix the Leaks, then
> you know
> they aren't a problem.

Now that makes sense.