ECU file format bug or gray matter loss? [was Re: Idle Block Learn Cell ??]

I don't know if this has been hashed out before, but I can't see, to
rationallize the conversion limits of the .ecu file format for an
equation of the form:

	eprom-value = constant / converted-value

It appears to me that the .ecu files are setup to either multiply or
divide the eprom-value by a constant, but don't have provisions for
doing the 1/x inversion as needed above..  Am I missing something?

I found this bit me in the A$$ twice now with the 7730v3.ecu file
with both the AFR and the base injector (g/s) settings..
(I've been tweaking down VE tables for 3 months trying to lean out the
 motor and just found that my first setting of 24lb/hr injectors was
 actually in the eprom as 18lb/hr because of the conversion...)

(I was using WinBin, but don't believe it to be the problem...)

mike