Re: BPW and Cylinder Vol.?

On Wed, 14 Jun 2000 rrauscher@nni.com wrote:

> To force open loop, set the enable temp to the max value. For
> tuning the VE tables, also set the open loop afr ratio to 14.7.
>
> On the '747 there are two tables to change, one for the afr
> vs. temp., and the other is afr vs. map. In this manner, you
> can then 'discover' what the ve is at each point in the table.
>
> This is really tuning in reverse, but hey, it works <g>.
>
> BobR.

I am still trying to figure out how you guys are tuning this way.

My thought on tuning was to leave the computer closed loop, and then
based on how far the computer adjusts the BLM/int's at a given
point then adjust the VE at that point based on that until things get
reasonable close.

Will this procedure work?   I am going to be tuning a new engine in
the next month or so, (the old engine spun a rod bearing (130k)) and I
will be trying to get things right this time.   The new engine should
be putting out somewhere around 450-470 hp at the rear wheels, the old
engine was doing 370 rwhp.

			Roger