RE: Can an ECM "learn" how to start the car better?

On Wed, 14 Jun 2000, trax wrote:

> >It does not adjust the mixture in open loop, but it can use the
> >BLM's that it learned from the last time it was there.
>
> Good thoughts.  But, the BLM and Integrator show 128 and the BLM cell number
> doesn't change until you go into closed loop mode.

That blows that theory away.   Maybe some sensor is failing some times
and not others?    You might what to watch the injector PW's and the
advance and see if it is changing.

I don't think there is anything other than BLM/int's that the computer
uses to learn, unless we are talking about an error code that is
getting set and then the car is running better.  You still might try
clearning the computer and see if it starts over.

			Roger