RE: Can an ECM "learn" how to start the car better?

Ok,

I'm going to play devil's advocate for the sake of learning.  Riddle me this
batman :-) ...

If idle quality on a cold startup can change due to adaptive memory then why
did my 730 ECM consistently show 128 BLM, 128 INT, and O2 volts in the upper
900s for my car?  Once the car hit closed loop the BLM shot down to 108, INT
to 112, and the O2 volts then transitioned as normal to provide a good AFR.
This was with my TPIS level V PROM.  The car never 'learned' how to subtract
fuel from a cold startup while still in open loop.  However, once the car
hit closed loop all was great.  I have since modified the chip in order to
provide for better cold starting.

Tim