Diacom help

Hello!  My '89 chevy beretta 2.8l 5 speed manual trans failed emmissions
test (high CO, they say it means my car is running rich), so now I get to
learn about diagnosing cars. I borrowed a diacom+
setup, so I don't have much experience using it.  I've got a few
questions:  When I drive, the Engine Cranking Speed changes!  What gives?
Could Diacom be mis-interpreting the ALDL data?  Also I never see the
Park/Neutral Switch, 3rd Gear Switch, and 4th Gear Switch change.  I
looked through my service manual and found no mention of sensors for these
parameters.  Why would Diacom display these if they arn't in my car?
Finally, I've only found diacom reporting BLMs for cells # 0, 1, and 2.
Does this sound right, or could there be more?

Thanks for your time.  So far, I have not found anything obvious.