Re: Diacom help

Hello!  My '89 chevy beretta 2.8l 5 speed manual trans failed emmissions
test (high CO, they say it means my car is running rich), so now I get to
learn about diagnosing cars. I borrowed a diacom+
setup, so I don't have much experience using it.  I've got a few
questions:  When I drive, the Engine Cranking Speed changes!  What gives?
Could Diacom be mis-interpreting the ALDL data?  Also I never see the
Park/Neutral Switch, 3rd Gear Switch, and 4th Gear Switch change.  I

Well, I can explain the park/nuetral switch...being that you don't have one. However, some cars use that pin to monitor the clutch engage/disengage.

Also, I've heard of GM using Auto proms in the manuals... I wonder if that would screw up Diacom a little.

Jeremy