Re: Changing 165 fuel delivery was "General tuning question - fuel economy"

Marteney, Steven J. wrote:
I haven't got my copy of tunercat yet, but it's coming, or the rather the
check is going.  In the meantime, to increase fuel across the board, TC has
two settings for injector flow rate, single and double fire.  Is that what I
can use for this?  I remember a couple of months ago there was a lot of

I dont know about that one..

hand-waving about single-fire and double-fire and what the difference was.
Hate to bring it up, but was there a clear answer that came out of that?

No definete answer came ...I was the one that brung it up in the first place.. =/ I am still wondering if there any real gains/losses from switching from one to the other or if there are any...

Also, in the 165, is there an equivalent to the VE tables as in the speed
density stuff?  I didn't see anything in CATS function list other than "Mass
Air Flow vs. RPM, (Diag)" and the injector flow rate constants.

That all I saw when I looked into the CATS...  I use GMEPro tho..

Rick