Re: ECM part numbers?

steve ravet wrote:

> Ludis' page shows 16196396 and 16171199, but doesn't list 4.3L and
> doesn't distinguish between auto/manual (I imagine there's a difference,
> since the PCM shifts the autos)?

It _does_ distinguish between auto/manual.  You need to scroll down to
the 16196396 and 16171199 sections.  There you'll see that these are for
manual transmissions only.

> His page also lists these as C3 ECMs, but I thought PCM meant P4 or
> later?

If you check the schematics for the manual transmission V8 trucks,
you'll see that the pinout is the same as the '747 ECM.  It looks like
GM kept using that old design where possible until they were forced to
switch to OBD II.  It is possible that GM created a P4 (or newer) with
the same pinout, however, the schematics show no P&H vs. port injection
mode selection jumper as is common on the P4's.