RE: Changing 165 fuel delivery was "General tuning question - fue l economy"

Argggg.. yes it can pull in 40000000000000000000times more air  but as long
as you are in the range of the maf... ie below it's max sensing cap ie 254
g/s  then the maf is fine.
Now it should add more fuel to get 128 blm... ie 14.7 if that is what it is
set at.. if you increased to fuel pressure from stock then you have
effectively changed the flowrate of the injector.. the ecm does not know
this so if you did not change the injector constant, then in open loop it
will run actual below 14.7.... when it goes into closed loop, it sees from
o2 sensor that hay it is rich.. like 13.5 or something... it then has to
correct to get a reading from o2 of 14.7.... this is reflected in the blm or
int....!  other things to consider  m bpw and max bpw.... Cold start param..

Senario 2.. lets say at 2500rpm  and ½ throttle, and you are pulling 255g/s
then the ecm thinks this is max air it can get....so it cant regognize and
more air.... That is why I would like to create a patch to use either 2
tables or go 16 bit!!!!
 So if you turn down the injector csonstant yes you may get you blm to come
down... but at higher rpm it will be lean and idle and driveablity will suck
blowing black smoke everywhere:-)
Hence why I and bruce tend to like map... ther is no limit.
I got tired of f^%ckering with my 165 so I whent map.... Got it runnig
excellent, droped .5sec + off my et and same mpg.. in half the dtime I spent
dickering with the ,maf system....for a stock engine, there is losa room for
tuneing,, but for things that go rump rump lump lump  map seems to be the
cheaper and less frusterating alternative...

Btw I also did not see a lot of sence burnig chips like a mad man, only to
make the motor run good, and still ending up with basically a low grade map
system from when maf maxes till redline..might as well go carb for that..
cause your just guessing, and it will always be changing......

Ie 3hrs to add ecm, repin to 730.. use maf wires for map sensor...
 Burt about 20 chip and it ran 10x better than the 165....
Map sensor and little funky vacume line +$5.00 canadian and I even have a
aback up.
Ecm+$55

Mike Rolica
Plant A,