Re: ECM part numbers?

Mike Rolica wrote:

> Oh  by the way...all 4 interchange... the 930 and 199 with the 4l80e came
> from the ¾ and 1 tons...
> They don't have much for emmissions  ie AIR  or diver valves..and stuff..
> Putting a stock bin from a 95 350 3/4ton 4x4 into a ½ ton  2wd gives you
> roughly 35hp......enough you can feelit.....
> Makes me think losa room for tuning :-)....been working on the old mans
> truck...
> Mike Rolica
> Plant A,
> Magnesium Products Division
> Strathroy

Hate to question the experts... does it really work to put a prom from a
manual trans ECM into 4L60E or 4L80E PCM?  And the other way around?

Then Ludis wrote:
>If you check the schematics for the manual transmission V8 trucks,
>you'll see that the pinout is the same as the '747 ECM.  It looks like
>GM kept using that old design where possible until they were forced to
>switch to OBD II.  It is possible that GM created a P4 (or newer) with
>the same pinout, however, the schematics show no P&H vs. port injection
>mode selection jumper as is common on the P4's.

Now I'm confused.  Grumpy said the man trans part # is 16156930.  Ludis'
WWW page says 16196396.  Ludis says 396 is similar to 1227747, but the
schematics Grumpy sent don't match at all with the 747.

I want to make sure the WWW page is correct, can someone please
straighten me out?

The applications I have are (this info is right off the scanned pages):

PCM, 4.3L, 7.4L C/K manual trans, 2 32 pin connectors
PCM, 4.3L, 5.0L, 5.7L C/K 4L60E, 2 32 pin connectors
PCM, 4.3L, 5.7L, 7.4L C/K 4L80E, 2 32 pin connectors

The model years should all be '95, the date on the lower right corner of
all pages is 4-18-94

Is #1 (the man trans ECM) a P4 with 8192 baud ALDL?  If it is then it
would be a good candidate for replacing a 747?

--
Steve Ravet
steve.ravet@arm.com