Re: ECM part numbers?

steve ravet wrote:

> Now I'm confused.  Grumpy said the man trans part # is 16156930.  Ludis'
> WWW page says 16196396.  Ludis says 396 is similar to 1227747, but the
> schematics Grumpy sent don't match at all with the 747.
>
> The applications I have are (this info is right off the scanned pages):
>
> PCM, 4.3L, 7.4L C/K manual trans, 2 32 pin connectors
> PCM, 4.3L, 5.0L, 5.7L C/K 4L60E, 2 32 pin connectors
> PCM, 4.3L, 5.7L, 7.4L C/K 4L80E, 2 32 pin connectors
>
> The model years should all be '95, the date on the lower right corner of
> all pages is 4-18-94

I have none of your three "applications" listed on my c3xref page once
you get through all the "except" and "only" qualifications.  I once put
quite a bit of effort to have all the C3 like truck applications listed
in the xref.

The Mitchell's manuals in the local public library showed a few uses of
the 24+32 pin connector (like '747) style on manual transmissions for
several years after the automatics went to PCMs with different
connectors.  The library is still closed for asbestos removal so I can't
double check this.  Of course, Mitchell's could have an error where they
show an old 24+32 connector style schematic.  And also, having the same
pinout doesn't mean the "ECM" is derived from a '747.

A different reference shows only 8 each BCCs for the 16171199 and
16196396, all for manual transmissions.  A single source can be in
error.  When two sources conspire to match in some way, they are more
likely to be correct.  Of course, the true arbiter is a bird in the hand
- so, does anyone actually have a 16171199 or 16196396?  "A cousin's
friend's mechanic who saw one" doesn't count.