Wide Band O2 and tuning

Like I been pounding at forever, never, ever, put all your eggs in one
basket.  If you want to know the truth about what going on in a combustion
chamber, you **HAVE**  to look at the plugs.  The higher the state of tune,
the better you need to be at doing that, or you will have problems,  you
might get by with for a while, but it will bite you....

  Don't get me wrong.  EGOR, or any WB O2 set is a great tuning **aid**.
But it will never work right if you don't have a clue about tuning.  All the
electronic gizmos in the world won't overcome ignorance, or the lack of
patience.  Fuel itself can vary, so while you might thing you have the ultra
tune on a particular engine on any given day that combo might be the wrong
one, when the green flag drops.

  I'll never (least at this point in time) trust a C/L WOT ECM, is cause
it's not as smart as me (granted it can do math faster).  I have yet to see
any of them read a spark plug.
  There are enough mechanical things to go wrong with a Hot Rod, that
melting a motor over a  O2 sensor shouldn't be one of them, IMHO.

  I reserve the right to amend some of the above when ION shows up <g>