EPROM burning

I am now in the process of beginning the tuning and chip burning process
with my 406ci TPI 700R4 Automatic.  I'm using a 1227165 ECM. Need some help
understanding the operation of the TCC.  Using the TunerCat software and the
$32 calibration I have read chips from TPIS, Hypertech, ADS, Stock 1986
Corvette and a number of others.  I can't seem to make any sense out of
disparate ways they handle the ECM Constant Fields, TCC Unlock (low gears),
TCC Lock (low gears), TCC Unlock (not low gears), and TCC Lock (not low
gears).  Also am having trouble understanding the TPS vs MPH tables for
those 4.  Anybody that can provide some help in the way of an explanation of
the theory or working of this part of the program?  Thanks,

Dan Plaskett