Re: factory remanufactured... ?

> i just pulled the ecm out of my car just for the hell of it to have a look
at
> it (i have this feeling the car isnt running so great because the seals
are
> shot and water gets down in near the connections for the ecm). so anyway,
> pulled it out...its a 1228321 ecm ('89 cavalier/automatic) but below that
it
> says "ac delco factory remanufactured module..." REMANUFACTURED?? unless i
am
> to believe gm was installing used ecms in their cars back in 1988, i guess
> someone replaced this thing at one point. can anyone tell me if theres any
> difference between the stock GM ecm for this car and the newer rebuilt
ones?

Functionally they have to be the same.
ref Vin 1 2.0L
87MY used a 730
88MY used a 730 or 321
89MY used a 321

> ...or if water on your computer is really a problem at all...

Water can be.  **Generally** if there is so "salt rings" you might be OK if
You dry it and the connectors out.  I've had an ecm packed with mud, that I
took apart and flushed with tap water and it worked fine.
Grumpy