Odp: Any other GM comms speeds?

----- Original Message -----
From: Malcolm Robb, LC 0112G <Webmaster@lotus-carlton.fsnet.co.uk>
To: <gmecm@diy-efi.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2000 3:02 PM
Subject: RE: Any other GM comms speeds?
Hi

> Could be OBD-II, but I don't think the protocol I was describing is. The
> reason I asked for the exact car type is that 1995 was about the point
when
> all the Vauxhall model ranges changed. Before that, the Nova, Astra,
> Cavalier, Carlton & Senator all had the 9600 baud protocol I described.
> After that, the new Corsa, Astra, Vectra & Omega's started to introduce
> ODB-II, which I know nothing about.

Opel/Vauxhall with Bosch ECU (Motronic ML 4.1 and M1.7) use Bosch (ISO
9141-1)  protocol , it's mean that you need to initializing  transmision by
sending 1 byte with baud rate 5 +/-2%. For integrated injection with
ignition initializing adress is $10 (hexadecimal 10). Transmition type is
master-slave and it's used only line K .After initializing ECU sended ISO
code .This code consists from 6 byte :
1)$55
2,3)key words
4,5)adresses depend on application