GARFIELD IS WAY WAY OUT OF LINE RE: EGOR, oxygen sensor, O2 sensor, wide band oxygen sensor

Heh Guys

My post was marked "Wide Band Oxygen Sensor - Request For Comments(Updated
June 14 2000)"

NOT ONE PERSON TO DATE HAS MAILED ME OF ANY ERRORS OR PROBLEMS WITH THIS WEB
PAGE !

Those who did contact me, did so in a civil manner, all being complimentary.

I very much object to Garfields letter(below), especially his statements

"but I sure have a problem with putting out bogus 'info'" and "you'r
frigging LYING, dood."

If it was such a problem then why didn't he contact me immediately.

I gathered much of the info from the archives, and believed it to be posted
in good faith. If you feel this information is lies or bogus, then I suggest
you
provide the necessary proof, and I will rectify the problem immediately. To
make
accusations against my character in such a manner is a disgrace.

I worked well into the early hours of the morning on that web page
http://www.vb.co.za, and it certainly
wasn't for my benefit.

The DIY_EFI archives are non operational, and have been for sometime. There
is no way
for people to find the info they need. The info that is there regarding the
oxygen sensors is intermingled
with what looks like the script for Macbeth. If there was ever a need to
take archived info, dust it off,
CLEAN IT UP, and present it in a more palatable fashion, then the EGOR
project is it !

For my reward Garfield took it upon himself to distribute a letter privately
to other
group members, assasinating my character.

He even threatened others who were interested in purchasing his EGOR that
he would not guarantee correct operation of his product if they used it with
my circuitry.

Quote:

> Last but not least, I gotta say this again; if yous guys dork with one
> of these sensors and then later expect it to work properly with EGOR,
> all bets are off. Ya been amply cautioned.

I gotta say guys, I do not deserve this sort of treatment for what I have or
haven't done !

Paul

> Ya know, I've been watching the events of the last few days with a sad
> bit of tragic-comedic angst, from all the misinformation flying
around.
> First we have a loudmouth guy pop onto the list that claims he's going
> to build an AFR interface using the Honda/NTK sensor, says all the
> necessary info is there publically for the pickins, and then puts up a
> web page in which he gives out at least THREE likely-to-be-fatal
pieces
> of bullshit, regarding the pumping current range (he gives figures
that
> are WAY OFF what those sensors take), AND has the audacity to publish
> completely bogus curve relating AFR to that already phoney range of
Ip,
> which curve he must have invented himself totally outta thin air, it's
> soooo completely wrong. Finish that off with a schematic (without
> values!) that you can't even CONNECT to the Honda/NTK sensor! (Guess
why
> you often find those kind of circuits in patents? :) And then asks for
> comments/reports from others on how this works for them! Geez, go
ahead
> and lite that cigar with your hundred dollar bill. Be my guest, but
> don't blame me later for not warning you. If you follow what he's put
> out, you WILL fry your sensor. I don't have anything against a
homebrew
> project (hell, EGOR started out with that intent), but I sure have a
> problem with putting out bogus 'info'.
>
> Now we have the sad case above, where Axel missed earlier warnings,
> tried to swap out sensors, and melts some pistons on his Cosworth.
Argh.