Vortec FI

Hi,
Does anybody know what type of FI they run on those  GM Vortec engines?  Is
it TBI or some sort of Port Injection?
The reason I ask is that I'm considering buying a set of those Vortec heads.
I have a mid 70's 350 with the stock 4-bolt main and forged crankshaft,  but
also the low compression open-chamber smog heads.
I have a TPI I was going to put on it, but If I get the Vortec heads, I'll
have to either make some major mods. to the TPI intake, or get the Vortec FI
manifold.
I'd rather go Port injection, but is there any reason I shouldn't be deterred
from TBI if that is what the vortec uses?  I've seen the factory FI Vortec
intakes for $50 on EBAY, but I have no idea what type of system they are or
if they are any good.
Thanks for any info,
Ted

PS, I'm looking to build a quick street car with good mileage and
drivability.  About 3500lbs with 3.08 rear and a TH400.  So good torque is
important,,, I just don't know which is the better intake and FI system for
me.  Again, thanks!