manifold spacers

-> try to adapt a TPI manifold to them.  Vortec Intake ports are raised
-> about .25 inches so the old style manifolds don't mach up correctly.

 I've seen that go by a couple of times today.  The Chevy Vortec heads -
1993-1998 TBI pickup truck heads, identified as "Vortec" in the Chevy
parts catalog - do not have raised intake ports.  I bought a brand new
pair from Chevrolet, and the port openings are in about the same spot as
any other Chevy heads.  In fact, the port openings are actually smaller
than ordinary 441 or 882 open chamber heads.

 The exhaust ports are also in the standard locations.

 The Vortec heads have a three-angle valve job (standard Chevy heads
were single angle before that), 1.94/1.50 valves, single valve springs,
small diameter stainless steel spring retainers, Perfect Circle type
valve stem seals, and the valves themselves lack the O-ring groove for
the old-type seal Chevy went to in 1960.  (1959 and back small blocks
had no oil seals at all)