LS1 Air Mass Meters

Hi All,

I've seen some of the performance shops here in Australia advertising
"recalibrated Air Mass Meters" for the LS1, claiming HP gains of 25 or so.
What on earth is "recalibrated!!", I thought the general mods to AMM's was
opening them up a bit and that's it.
Sound to me like if it is re-calibrating it must put incorrect values out to
fool the PCM lean/rich, sounds like that Crane Box from years ago.
By the way, at $800AUS they would want to work!!.

Thanks,

Ross Myers
Melbourne, Australia
E-mail : ponty@axis.jeack.com.au