From: Andrew K. Mattei [mailto:amattei@mindspring.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 17, 2000 7:09 PM
To: gmecm@diy-efi.org
Subject: Re: microcontrollers slightly more powerful than a pic?

Well, one microcontroller like "but not PIC" is the Atmel AVR flash
microcontroller series. The MegaAVR has 128k on board flash, 4k RAM, oodles
of I/O, cost of about $20, and the eval board with development kit is $99
for the Mega, and $49 for the standard AVR series (I bought one of each to
play with). I started looking at them after wandering through the PIClist
archives and noticed a lot of them defecting to the Atmel AVR's. There is a
mailing list that is somewhat helpful, but with everyone doing their own
projects, it can be a bit detached...

Not a Motorla chip, but pretty snazzy nonetheless. See http://www.atmel.com

As for Motorla, try http://www.arrow.com http://www.newark.com
http://www.allied.avnet.com (those are some of my favorite places to shop).
Not sure if all of them carry Motorla, but at least a couple of them will.

HTH,

Andrew