4 pin HEI interface ( I know it's old hat, Sorry)

Hi,

    A friend is installing a TBI system on his six cylinder. It currently
uses the 4 pin HEI module. How would one go about driving the 7747 ecm from
the distributor. I found this circuit in the archives, but I don't know if
it's applicable.

10000 Ohms
                                                 from HEI
>------/\/\/------o---------o---------------->   to CPU
                                                                         1/2
Watt    |         |

|         |

___/     _____
                                                                         5V
Zener  // \      _____  .001 uF Cap

1 W       /___\       |    100V

                   -----

                    ---

                     -

I know this has been covered at some point. Is this the answer?

                                                 Thanks,

                                                Marvin.