From: owner-gmecm@diy-efi.org [mailto:owner-gmecm@diy-efi.org]On Behalf
Of Eric Deslauriers
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2000 5:37 PM
To: GMECM
Subject: MAX232 chip is...

Hi all,

I'm trying to build a serial to ALDL interface, and all of the diagrams
I've found for 160 and 8192 baud show a MAX232 chip. This should be my
complete neophyte-ness for hardware showing through, but Portland, OR
seems to be very light on hardware stores, esp any that know something
(which is no complaint since I don't). The only places that carry 2732s
are out of stock, and only Fry's carries the burners (and they're out of
stock too).

Does anyone have a parts list & diagram for a serial interface to an
ALDL connector? I'd love to learn how to build one.

Also, any mail order recommendations for chips, burners, etc.? I'm
thinking JDR Micro, but willing to check out others.

TIA!

Eric D
88 K30 Blazer (needs ECM TLC)