Re: MAX232 chip is...

Eric Deslauriers wrote:

> I'm trying to build a serial to ALDL interface, and all of the diagrams
> I've found for 160 and 8192 baud show a MAX232 chip.

Here you'll find a two transistor interface (and more) for 8192...

  http://www.andywhittaker.com/ecu/aldl_hardware.htm

It's even claimed that GM use a similar two transistor circuit in-house.
I hope to soon describe how to do 8192 *and* 160 baud with just a little
more hardware - but still easy and cheap to obtain, preferably "junk box"
components.

Peter.