From: Dave Zug [mailto:dzug@delanet.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2000 1:46 AM
To: gmecm@diy-efi.org
Subject: Re: BIN differences

Also remember that in a strict binary compare, if one file adds an inserted
"NOP" in say the second byte of the program section, then the strict
comparison will turn up the number of bytes in the program section (lots)
minus ONE for the number of differences. In reality, insted of 12000
differences, there may only be ONE difference, but the comparison method is
flawed.

and I think those 2 binaries are MAP and MAF, respectively. there may really
be 12000 differences.

my $0.02.

> > I used a BIN compare utility to illustrate the differences between two
GM
> > PROM images.  The first image is the one I obtained from my 1990 IROC
350.
> > The second image was a standard AUJP1350 replacement chip.  The program
> > reported almost 12000 differences.  In TunerCat I saw no differences.  I
> > have a data file listing all the differences in these two BINs.  I also

<sn>