Re: MAF Flowbench (was Changing 165 / Nother Q)

Popular Hot Rodding, (I think Pete Pesterierre (?) was still editor)  in the
Sept Oct isses some years ago built an econo flow bench, I'd tell ya what
year but a "friend" hasn't returned it, and it's been 3 years.  All of them
are kinda noisy, but the leaf jobs Howl......
   Back to back MAFs might not work right, unless you swtich them, and
repeat the test one will be straightening the air even better for the other.
    Might think of a MAP for measuring the low side pressure, and see what
ya get so that x depression you get x measurement.  I'd keep a known MAF for
reference and compare to that, not trying to get x grams per sec, just for
relative flow rates.  Course cutomers in general just look at the numbers.
Course this MOB, is different...
Grumpy

> > Has anyone scientifically measured the effect on readings between an
> > unported, stock, screened MAF and a ported (no sink) and un-screened
MAF? I
> > figgered roughly the percentage of area opened up, and a little tweak
for
> > the reduction in air turbulance and went with that to re-calibrate the
MAF