		-----Original Message-----
		From:	Bruce Plecan [SMTP:nacelp@bright.net]
		Sent:	Monday, June 19, 2000 8:55 AM
		To:	gmecm@diy-efi.org
		Subject:	Re: LS1 Air Mass Meters

		Probably made by Kaalmaker,  whatz that $32 per HP, Least
with $800 you
		could buy enough exhuast bits for it to sound neat.  For
those that haven't
		seen one of the newer MAFs they are kinda neat looking, no
screens, and alot
		less stuff hanging in the air stream
		Grumpy

		> I've seen some of the performance shops here in Australia
advertising
		> "recalibrated Air Mass Meters" for the LS1, claiming HP
gains of 25 or so.
		> What on earth is "recalibrated!!", I thought the general
mods to AMM's was
		> opening them up a bit and that's it.
		> Sound to me like if it is re-calibrating it must put
incorrect values out
		> fool the PCM lean/rich, sounds like that Crane Box from
years ago.
		> By the way, at $800AUS they would want to work!!.
		>
		> Thanks,
		>
		> Ross Myers
		> Melbourne, Australia
		> E-mail : ponty@axis.jeack.com.au