Re: Changing 165 fuel delivery was "General tuning question - fuel economy"

Geez, outbidding me with my own money?? : )

Your money order went out today...

The smallblock mercruiser efi system draws fuel through a water
seperator/filter, and into an old fashioned mechanical fuel pump
mounted in the same place it's been forever.  Fuel's pumped up into a
reservoir, where the level is controlled by a float.  There's a high
pressure in tank pump mounted in the reservoir to pressurize the
rails, and fuel is circulated through a GM efi filter, through the
rails, and back into the reservoir.  The reservoir is sealed, except
for one vent line which could be connected to a charcoal canister.
The reservoir and water seperator are originally mounted on the front
of the block.  This means that efi is possible without running return
lines to the main tank, or making baffles or modifying the sender.
This reservoir could be used for other conversions too.  It's got to
be pretty secure, and baffled, due to the nature of boats.  I think
I'm liking this setup more and more.

I also got a vortec type dizzy in the mail today.  It has a cam
position sensor that uses a hall effect and a single shutter on the
sensor wheel.  It looks like it will be easy enough to make an 8
shutter wheel which will send a signal to a regular module.  The
vortec module is tiny, and it has no input for a dizzy signal.  The
vortec pcm recieves the crank and cam signals, the only thing the
module gets is an EST from the pcm.  But it's mounted on a relly cool
aluminum heat sink. : )