Re: Changing 165 fuel delivery

On Tue, 20 Jun 2000 23:13:26 -0400, "Bruce Plecan" <nacelp@bright.net>
wrote:

>Big difference with the pump shutting off.  That's the first application
>where I've heard of a float contolled set up, on EFI, I'd mount a pressure
>sensor instead of the float and that would seem like a real good idea for
>autos.

Bingo, that's where all of us in XA are headed too. Control of the pump
itself, with no need for returns nor staged pumping, nor floats. The
Ford and Chrysler systems are proving it's time, and the sensor and PWM
technology/hardware are finally here to get it down to one sensor and
one big whopper fuel pump motor controller chip. Not a biggie for
automotive, with one tank and a short return run to the tank, but still
sure cleans up the plumbing up top the engine. But for XA, it's a big
win.

Gar