RE: Changing 165 / Nother Q

Yes I agree.. not to beat a dead horse... but here is my experience and
opinion:
1)	MAF I found easier to tune on a STOCK motor.
2)	Motor made more power with it on, but 3" abs had same effect, makes
me think for MY setup, that intake tract and size can change performance..
might have something to do with velocity or air is increased ad
straitened.... Lessening the pulsing effect or helping the resonance part of
the tpi intake....?? Any ideas..
3)	When mafs go south $$$$
4)	I got frusterated trying to make the maf work so I converted to 730
5)	Why is all ford maf great.. map garbage???

1)	730 seems to be better ecm... more reliable.. Faster???
2)	Takes bigger eprom
3)	More options in the code for driveability.. ie highway mode spark..
low octane fuel ect ect
4)	Map takes a little more for beginner to tune.. can screw things up
easy.
5)	Cheaper by far...ecm are more common to find

But I still have friends that are running maf on stock motor...I tune there
cars for kicks and experience,  they think maf better more accurate ect ect
stubborn and ignorant.. ya da ya da..

If you people knew the ideas and projects iv'e been trying, youde laugh..
but I just want to see if it can be done :-)... like trying to run map on
730 and use the maf as well....it sort of works  but still problems.. the
advantage?  None that I can see. He he...
Sort of the same as why would you want your car to be able to use more than
1 ecm?? ;)
Mike Rolica
Plant A,
Magnesium Products Division