Re: gm altenators...and efi

Mike Rolica wrote:

> Now the new alt  has the bat term plus 2 xtra connections on it!!
>
> ______I------- |
> | --  --  --   ---- |
> |p__l__f___s_|
>
> what needs to be hooked up to what  ie switched power... alt charges when f
> is supplied to 12v (must be field)   what is the p and l for.. s for
> sensing???)    also what is the 2nd terminal on my old one  for????)

>From the book I have on a V8 TPI it says that P is a tap for AC voltage
sensing off of the stator, S is DC sensing voltage, F is a power in run
line to turn on the regulator and L is an indicator of regulator state
(the drawing shows a F thru a resistor as a pull up and a grounding
switch with the note of switch closes to ground with low or high voltage
or stopped generator and L should be high if F is high and the switch is
open and L is connected to the regulator turn on pin).  It does not show
any connections to L or P. Your other alternator should have said S and
I with I being the small wire which should be 12 volts in the run
position and this is the same as F on the new one.

As for your other question I haven't played enough to answer it yet.

Matt