Re: Changing 165 / Nother Q

> My particular interest in holding onto MAF is that it keeps my car stock
> appearing, a trait I hold on to after owning a GN. This car is the "peak"
> year for the MAF, and is a genuine IROC (not that rare, but still, dont
want
> to alter it's core being) I could hide the MAP and pull the air thru a MAF
> but, well, I still gotta keep the car marketable and okay for a GM tech to
> work on if needed..

If he doesn't know the difference tween a 89 and 90 system he's a parts
exchanger, notta mechanic.

. besides, I have a 60 hour job that has nothing to do
> with cars.. this is all spare time hobby stuff.
> Hey was the very limited 90 IROC a MAP system?? hmmm...

??, all the 90s V-8 F Bodies are MAP

> Gutting the MAF won't change the BLM's when no other change is performad?
> more port area = lower velocity for the same amount of air passing = more
> air for an equal velocity (for gutted vs ungutted) = incorrect (low)
reading
> with gutted version = lean prediction by computer, thus BLM's rise, is the
> way I see it.

At less then WOT when not in PE, the throttle is limiting the air flow not
the MAF.  Veleocity thru the MAF doesn't matter.  The sensor is a hot
wire/foil,
Grumpy

 I definetly agree that what I am living with is wrong, hence
> me trying to find out if anyone has verified flow re-cal on a gutted MAF,
so
> I can move towards correct. I have no flow equipment.. just a 1 car
> cluttered garage, shop vac, DMM, and a little spirit ;-)

MAF

majordomo@lists.diy-efi.org