Re: Changing 165 / Nother Q

Dave Zug. wrote:
 I could hide the MAP and pull the air thru a MAF
> but, well, I still gotta keep the car marketable and okay for a GM tech to
> work on if needed...

These days, if a GM tech is good enough to work on a modified system,
he's likely to be headed for somewhere outside the dealership.  The
moneymakers are the parts changers, and it seems like the dealerships
are encouraging this.  GM has even stopped supporting it's training
centers, believing that the techs that get sent to training most often
are the techs that are smart enough to understand the vehicle's system
by reading the manual.  I guess the idea is "If you're smart enough to
go to training, you must not need it..."  This tidbit came out of a GM
class center last year, and the class that I was supposed to attend
immediately after that never happened...
So next time you're heading down to the dealership to have some work
done, remember that the guy working on your car may even have been
smart enough to recieve training.

>besides, I have a 60 hour job that has nothing to do
> with cars.. this is all spare time hobby stuff.

C'mon man.  Get your priorities straight. ; )  "Real" car guys get
jobs that allow them to keep working on their stuff. j/k
Shannen