Re: Changing 165 / Nother Q

> Dave Zug. wrote:
>  I could hide the MAP and pull the air thru a MAF
> > but, well, I still gotta keep the car marketable and okay for a GM tech
> > work on if needed...
>
> These days, if a GM tech is good enough to work on a modified system,
> he's likely to be headed for somewhere outside the dealership.

Or got feed up going it on their own, and just would rather let the store
split the money with them for the headaches, BTDT.

The
> moneymakers are the parts changers, and it seems like the dealerships
> are encouraging this.

For alot of stuff that's fine, if using the team concept can work well.

GM has even stopped supporting it's training
> centers, believing that the techs that get sent to training most often
> are the techs that are smart enough to understand the vehicle's system
> by reading the manual.  I guess the idea is "If you're smart enough to
> go to training, you must not need it..."  This tidbit came out of a GM
> class center last year, and the class that I was supposed to attend
> immediately after that never happened...

That is scary.

> So next time you're heading down to the dealership to have some work
> done, remember that the guy working on your car may even have been
> smart enough to recieve training.

You, need to scope things out in advance.  Trapping yourself like that is
asking for trouble.

> >besides, I have a 60 hour job that has nothing to do
> > with cars.. this is all spare time hobby stuff.

> C'mon man.  Get your priorities straight. ; )  "Real" car guys get
> jobs that allow them to keep working on their stuff. j/k

Can't beat a job where ya love going to work and after hours can work on
your toys with the pro-stuff
Grumpy