How to get the LV8?

Well, even after a new 165 installed a while back I still can't communicate
at the high speed rate with Diacom, but at least I can talk at low speed.
I've hooked it up to a friend's 87 IROC (mine is 89 Formula) and I can get
high speed comm on his, but it is noisy.  Values bounce around occasionally
to garbage values.  I suspect a flaky Diacom cable and possibly a ground
problem to my ALDL connector.  Anywho...  the low speed diag mode doesn't
report the LV8 variable.  Can I calculate it from the other values that are
reported (MAF flow in g/s, rpm, TPS voltage, etc...) until I can
troubleshoot the comm problem (or put in a 730)?  Or is that equation a
mystery?

Steve