	-----Original Message-----
	From:	Marteney, Steven J. [SMTP:smarteney@xlvision.com]
	Sent:	Thursday, June 22, 2000 9:32 AM
	To:	gmecm@diy-efi.org
	Subject:	How to get the LV8?

	Well, even after a new 165 installed a while back I still can't
communicate
	at the high speed rate with Diacom, but at least I can talk at low
speed.
	I've hooked it up to a friend's 87 IROC (mine is 89 Formula) and I
can get
	high speed comm on his, but it is noisy.  Values bounce around
occasionally
	to garbage values.  I suspect a flaky Diacom cable and possibly a
ground
	problem to my ALDL connector.  Anywho...  the low speed diag mode
doesn't
	report the LV8 variable.  Can I calculate it from the other values
that are
	reported (MAF flow in g/s, rpm, TPS voltage, etc...) until I can
	troubleshoot the comm problem (or put in a 730)?  Or is that
equation a
	mystery?

	Steve